Within the Project Planning and Control Competence Area (PPC CA) of the Process Assurance and Management Support Division (PRS), the Project Control Administrator is responsible for cost control activities and provides support to Project Controllers for budget preparation and implementation as well as human resource and financial planning.
- Perform cost control activities, including processing of goods/services receipts and invoices;
- Control the annual budget implementation status in order to anticipate any major deviations and prepare for the year-end closure process;
- Provide support to procurement activities e.g. initiation of procurement requests;
- Coordinate work packages for service contracts;
- Support Project Controllers for the preparation of the human resource planning;
- Support Project Controllers for the preparation of inputs to the annual budgets and long-term financial planning;
- Support Project Controllers for the preparation of monthly indicators and reports;
- Provide general administrative assistance for project control activities.
- Full secondary education and additional training and experience in a relevant discipline.
Candidates must be able to work effectively in English and have some knowledge of French.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Experience with cost or project control tasks;
- Demonstrated proficiency with Excel and ERP Databases;
- Organised, detailed and methodical approach to work with the ability to handle high volumes of data;
- Good team-working and interpersonal skills with the ability to apply there both within and across teams;
- Knowledge and use of an ERP System, preferably SAP and its financial and controlling modules;
- Knowledge and use of scheduling tools such as Microsoft Project would be an advantage.
The initial contract will be until 31 December 2023 but may be extended subject to the continued need of the positions. This post is graded B3/B5 on the EUMETSAT salary scales. The minimum basic salary for this post is EURO 3737 per month (net of internal tax) which may be negotiable based on skills and experience. The salary scale provides for increments on the anniversary of taking up employment, and scales are reviewed by the EUMETSAT Council with effect from 1 January each year. In addition to basic salary, EUMETSAT offers attractive benefits. Further information, including salary details, is available on the EUMETSAT web site.
EUMETSAT is committed to providing an equal opportunities work environment.
Please note that only nationals of EUMETSAT Member States may apply. The EUMETSAT Convention requires that Staff shall be recruited based on their qualifications, account being taken of the international character of EUMETSAT.
EUMETSAT is Europe’s meteorological satellite agency. Its role is to establish and operate meteorological satellites to monitor the weather and climate from space - 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. This information is supplied to the National Meteorological Services of the organisation's Member and Cooperating States in Europe, as well as other users worldwide.
EUMETSAT also operates several Copernicus missions on behalf of the European Union and provide data services to the Copernicus marine and atmospheric services and their users.
As an intergovernmental European Organisation, EUMETSAT has 30 Member States (Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Croatia, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, The Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Turkey and the United Kingdom.)
Closing date 7 October 2019